Sunday, November 10, 2013

A new favorite place

This fall, the big news in my family is that my parents are moving!

Mom and Dad have found a house in a different neighborhood in their current city that's a much better fit for them now that my brother, sister and I aren't living at home. It's great for them for so many reasons, and I am so excited for them and looking forward to the good times we'll have in the new home.

We've been to the house a few times, but today was Wish's first visit.

His favorite feature is undoubtedly the fenced-in backyard. With the exception of occasional trips to the tennis court with my dad, he has never been off leash outside with us! I've been excited to show him the backyard ever since the first time I saw it for myself. He was a little uncertain momentarily but didn't need to be nudged twice before going into full gallop mode.

We raked a lot of leaves with my parents and sister, ate pancakes, and threw Wish's football over and over.

He'd race back and forth around the backyard, several lengths at a time, like this...


...and then he'd need a break and plop down in the grass.


We got home a couple of hours ago, and I think he has been asleep for the better part of the afternoon since we got in the car. He is a happy dog after the first of many visits to this backyard.

1 comment:

  1. hahah i like his airborne second photo
    -smallest

    ReplyDelete