Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Finding the foosball table

In this month's sibling hangout, my brother and sister and I went in search of our family's foosball table!

When I was a senior in high school, we moved into the house that my parents are now selling, and we got a foosball table. Twelve years later, Mom and Dad needed to move that foosball table out - and not to their new home. They listed it on Craigslist and found a buyer, who happened to be seeking a foosball table for a restaurant in Minneapolis named Parkway Pizza. Perfect!

It made perfect sense, then, to make Parkway Pizza the destination for our next sibling hangout, to see the foosball table in its new home. The three of us met there tonight. I got there just before my brother and sister, took a lap around the restaurant and secured a booth close to the foosball table. I started grinning as soon as I saw it.

For dinner, we ordered the Family Combo, because we are family. We got pizza, cheesy bread, and root beer. The pizza arrived and the pan took up nearly our whole table.


It was delicious. Thanks to my brother's recommendation, we had chicken and banana peppers on the pizza. I don't think I've ever had banana peppers before, let alone on a pizza. They were a perfect topping for a chilly night. Thank you, Brother!

We got a kick out of how many people played foosball over the course of our meal, too. It was in very high demand, which was really sweet to see.

Then we headed over to play a few rounds! My brother and sister started.


I guess I forgot that I'm an atrocious foosball player. My brother is a lot better. Eventually, my sister and I were on one team and my brother handled the right side of the table by himself. It was a hoot.


It was a great night out with my brother and sister, seeing something familiar in a new place. We'll definitely be back for more pizza and foosball.

No comments:

Post a Comment