Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Josh and I spent the holiday in Minnesota. We missed being with family in Colorado, but we had a great day, first at my parents' house and then with a big group of extended family at my grandma's (29 of us, I heard by one count).

Here is an abridged recap via photo collage (counterclockwise from top left): my sister completing the Star Tribune turkey coloring contest as dictated by tradition, our caramel rolls at brunch, the popcorn, cranberry and orange strands we strung for display on the pine tree outside my grandma's kitchen window, Josh in the comfiest chair in my grandma's house, me proudly displaying my pecan pie.

This Thanksgiving marked the first holiday at my parents' new house. After brunch and before leaving for my grandma's house, my mom requested some time for the first family holiday photo in the new house. We are well, well versed in this particular tradition. We've done at least one for every year I've been alive.

I have a hunch, though, that it's actually getting harder, not easier, to corral all of us. My mom and I were setting up the timers on our cameras for the photos while these goofballs were goofing around, and we were both laughing so hard we were crying.


And finally:


We have so much to be thankful for, this year and always. I hope you had a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment