Monday, November 4, 2013

Marvelous Monday: Week 44

Hi, Monday! I'm settling back into life at home after a full weekend on the road.

1) The New York City Marathon was yesterday, and even though I had absolutely nothing to do with it, I can't help but marvel every year at wonderful, enormous races like this one. I do hope to run it someday, and I'm so proud of my friends (and everyone else) who did yesterday!

2) I ran today at lunch. It rained on and off and that made it chilly, so that wasn't particularly marvelous, but the windy weekend meant there were tons of wet, bright leaves on the ground that were so beautiful.

3) Last night I pulled together the pumpkin-black bean soup that I like to make in the fall and winter, so I'm starting the week with good leftovers for lunch. (Today's lunch also included a pretzel bun, which is pretty much my favorite soup accessory ever.) This Sunday soup stuff is turning into a pattern and I'm happy about it.

4) I saw pictures on Facebook today of a golden retriever festival and it's about as great as you can imagine.

5) It's Monday and my beloved "Hart of Dixie" is on TV tonight.

Anything particularly marvelous about the start of your week? Favorite TV shows this fall? And truly, can you imagine a better festival than a golden retriever festival?

No comments:

Post a Comment