Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Oh, hello!  This kicks off a series of scheduled posts over the course of the next few days.  Right now, I am way up in the sky on a plane en route to Colorado and Josh's family.  As you read this, I am probably doing a Cryptoquip puzzle, since I stockpiled a whole bunch from the Star Tribune over the past couple of weeks.  But fear not!  If you pop into Miles and Laurel this weekend, you will note that I am sticking to my plan to have a post every day.  I can't quit on Nov. 24, after all, if I've already made it this far.  But they are written and lined up neatly in advance, since 1) I am not sure of what computer access I'll have in Colorado and 2) it seems pretty uncool to duck his great family because I have a post to write, right?  Yes.

So it's Thanksgiving, and I'm taking a moment to marvel that I haven't already hit you over the head with a 2x4 about how much I believe in giving thanks.  (That would not be good for my readership.)  Appreciating moments large and small, after all, is a key cornerstone in Miles and Laurel's foundation.  You don't have to be a mindreader to know that I am thankful for sunsets and running and work and all that.  I won't list everything for you.  It's personal business, after all, and you don't give a hoot about what's on my list!

What I will try to fit into words is how grateful I am for all of the people in different corners of my life: colleagues, friends, people who are family and people who are like family. They inspire and encourage and teach me so much - and we do our fair share of goofing around, too.  I am endlessly thankful for them.

Give thanks and eat turkey (or whatever you like) and have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment