Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hello to August

I've done these types of posts a few times before, but it turns out, I've been getting it all wrong. I've been calling them "week in review," when really, it's a collection of everything I didn't already post about that week. (Hint: If you've been wondering where cloud pictures go...you might like this post!)

So in between thinking about young adult fictionmaking pestorunning my miles and paddleboarding - not to mention vast quantities of Olympics viewing - what else did this week hold for Miles and Laurel? (Bonus: it's in top 10 form! But it's not actually in any meaningful order.)

10) A lesson on spring rolls:


9) A long walk that left someone ready for a nap:


8) A run along the Mississippi River, early in the morning:


7) A little fallen bloom:


6) One golden cloud floating by at sunset:


5) A dog who fits right in at our home:


4) A sunrise:


3) A rediscovered set of IKEA heart-shaped ice cube molds:


2) An evening on Lake Minnetonka:


1) Another sunrise:


Okay, dinner and the Olympics are calling my name, but can we recap the Games for just a second first? What are your favorite Olympic moments so far?  I loved the women's gymnastics team and all-around competitions, of course. I missed seeing the men's 10,000 and wish I could've caught it, but I'm thrilled I woke up in time to see most of the women's marathon early this morning. Lots of competition still to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment