Monday, August 13, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 33

It's Marvelous Monday!  Here are five things going on that I call marvelous:

1. If you visited M&L yesterday, you saw that a new treats project was in the works. I am prepared to endorse peanut butter chocolate rice crispy treats, yet another find via Iowa Girl Eats (credit Your Cup of Cake for the recipe this time). Grab an extra jar of peanut butter and enjoy!

Yum. See the little chunks of Reese's peanut butter cups in the middle layer?


Wish was the official king of sulk during this project. He seems to get really peeved initially when I won't share, then he acts like he doesn't care. Picture the Mckayla is not impressed online phenomenon and you'll get the idea.

He's really yawning but it sort of looks like he's screaming in frustration. "PLEASE JUST SHARE A LITTLE BIT, PLEASE!"


This is how he usually sits when I'm baking and won't share.


2. Preparation for my upcoming canoe trip begins in earnest this week. I am lining up an extra camera battery (Sara: "Do you know how many cloud photos you're gonna take?") and gathering all of the other stuff I need via a kind friend tomorrow night.

3. I finished Just My Type: A Book About Fonts over the weekend. It hit a little bit of a lull for me when it got a little more technical midway through (that's my fault, not the author's) but the last 75 pages or so were fascinating. Basically, behind every font you can think of, there is an interesting and sometimes wild story. I learned so much and recommend it to anyone remotely interested in this topic. Also, guess what? I learned that Georgia, the font I like to use at Miles and Laurel, is known as one of the easiest-to-read fonts on a screen. Sweet!

4. I'm onto I Capture the Castle now, one of the recommendations that came out of the young adult fiction post awhile back.

5. I just enjoyed the last of a gigantic Ziploc bag of watermelon that my mom presented to me over the weekend. It is called a jumbo bag and it was definitely jumbo. It's basically the size of an overnight bag. It felt like it held about 25 pounds of watermelon and I gobbled it all weekend, especially after Saturday's long run. Luckily I have a fresh watermelon waiting in the wings to replace it - but there was something about that jumbo bag that made it extra-fun.

Any marvelous tidbits you care to share, Reader? Do you have a favorite font, and do you know about those jumbo Ziploc bags? Was that the weirdest two-part question I'll ever include in this blog?

1 comment:

  1. Related to absolutely nothing in this post, but: I made a Wakefield twins joke at work the other day and it landed like a lead balloon. The perils of working with a bunch of boys and interns who were too young for the Sweet Valley craze. Sad day. I told Josh that if you were in the office, you would have laughed.

    ReplyDelete