Monday, August 27, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 35

Let's pause in the middle of my trip recap for a rendition of Marvelous Monday, shall we?

1. We nearly succeeded in getting my entire family (plus significant others and friends) over to our place for dinner last night to celebrate my brother's birthday, but then my dad had to head out of town for work. Rats! Even though we missed him, it was a great celebration.

It also included our cake tradition for my brother: the cupcake caterpillar!


2. A strange summer weather resurgence is back in Minnesota this week, timed perfectly with the State Fair. I will settle back into morning workouts but will definitely bask in the warm sun in the late afternoons.

3. It's college football kickoff week! My Tennessee team will begin its 2012 season on Friday night, and I am super excited. (Also: Josh and I have tickets to a game later this fall. More details on that later, of course!) If you are a new reader and are really confused about this hobby, check out this link and this link for some background on how I became a Tennessee football fan. Go Rocky Top!

4. I did my literal "running errands" thing to the library today: ran five miles, sent three books back and got two new ones. If it were only a little less cumbersome, I think it would be funny to request books at various library branches so I had to run all over town to collect them.

5. I also ordered an enormous amount of photos this evening, thanks to some nice special offers at Shutterfly: some for framing, some for scrappin' (that's scrapbooking, to the uninitiated). I had to go all the way back to the early spring to get all of the pictures I wanted to have as hard copies. (Yes, that means I haven't ordered prints since we got Wish. Yes, there are about 10 million dog photos coming my way shortly.)

Hey, what is marvelous about your day today, Reader?  Do you have cake traditions for different people in your family? (Mine is lemon cake, for example, and my dad's is lemon meringue pie.) If you are in Minnesota, will you go to the State Fair, and are you enjoying this warm weather or hoping for fall instead?

Feel free to share, in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment