Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer stroll

Yesterday afternoon Wish and I headed out to the 'burbs, met my mom and paid a visit to Elm Creek Park Reserve - one of my favorite parks, dare I say, in the world. The park has miles and miles of paved trails, perfect for a long bike ride or run in the summer. I love living in St. Paul, but there is something amazing about being able to travel 12 miles (or 17 miles, if you connect loops) on foot or bike without seeing one stoplight.

We took Wish for about two miles and he was loving it. Here is what he would write if he were summarizing the experience:
SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF ZIG-ZAG JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE I'M NOT MISSING ANYTHING SNIFF SNIFF ZIG-ZAG SNIFF SNIFF
Anyway, Minnesota gets a bad reputation nationwide sometimes because of its winters, and I think a lot of people forget (or don't know) what the summers are like here. Heck, sometimes I forget by January or February what the summers are like here.

Just so I remember: green as far as the eye can see.



1 comment: