Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One view

Oops. This isn't the second part of my trip recap, either. Later. Promise.

I guess you can say my mind keeps drifting back to this one particular spot in the Boundary Waters, from our first night in the BWCA. It's on a big, comfy rock (another trip lesson: comfy rocks do exist!) and you get a grand, sweeping view of the sky at both sunrise and sunset. (See why I like it?) The magnificent clouds seemed to hover over a little island, big enough to hold just two trees.

I've had a hankering for a long time to do a sort of time-lapsed photography experiment, where you take a photo of the same spot once every hour in a day and then compare it, or overlap each one a little bit so you get a little vertical strip for each hour. (Did that make sense? I'm not sure.)

Unintentionally, I kind of got into the spirit of that project at this campsite. Can you blame me?  Look how much it changes over the course of less than a day:


Crazy, huh? I would never, ever tire of that view.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you were doing this! SNEAKY!! -sj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't on purpose, I swear! I was just looking back later and realizing that I had about eight million photos of the same view.

      Delete