Thursday, August 9, 2012

Three things Thursday

This week is going by so fast. What has been happening, and what's coming up? This is one of my peak weeks for marathon training, so I am logging the miles and am immensely grateful that the humidity and high, high heat has subsided quite a bit. I am working on Just My Type and watching the Olympics, and I enjoyed my first cantaloupe of the summer earlier in the week. I'm hoping to catch a friend's play this weekend at the Minnesota Fringe performing arts festival, too.

That's the scoop, guys. What else is exciting this week?

1. I posted about clouds yesterday, but the undeniable highlight of my day was when Josh and Wish brought lunch to me at work. "They" packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a string cheese and a banana, and I loved every bit of it.

2. For my long-long run on Saturday, the low is supposed to be near 50 degrees. FIFTY!? Can you even wrap your mind around that?  Will I put on a stocking hat?  Only time will tell. (In case you can't tell, I'm very excited about this.)

3. I bought Wish a toy this week. It's like a little ball split in half, and you can twist the two halves together to make it either really tough for what's inside (treats) to fall out or really easy.  (Did that make any sense at all? I was kind of lousy at an exercise in my middle school's Creative Writing Club on technical writing. Anyway, the basic idea is that treats are dispensed mostly randomly, which guarantees a strong fascination with this toy.) He seems to be enjoying it.




The hottest summer heat may be in the rear view mirror, but the dog days of summer roll on at Miles and Laurel!

1 comment: