Monday, August 20, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 34

It is the oh-my-I'm-going-on-a-canoe-trip-this-week edition of Marvelous Monday! Let's go!

1. I finished I Capture the Castle (thanks to M&L readers Steph and Nat for nudging me toward it after my young adult fiction post!) and got a bunch of new reading options, thanks to dawdling on the public library's Kindle database before my long run on Saturday. (I love my long runs, don't get me wrong, but I am able to come up with so many activities to which I must attend before starting a long run.) New books!

2. Sometimes a Google search can lead you astray, and sometimes it's spot on. This weekend, people stumbled across Miles and Laurel by googling "haggard impatiens flowers" and "breakfast grapefruit run miles." I think some combination of those words turn up in, like, 95 percent of my posts. That's pretty good! P.S. Whoever is organizing a grapefruit breakfast run, I'm in!

3. A few Miles and Laurel readers will laugh me out of town for this because I am, like, seven years late to the party in the dorm room where they watched this like crazy, but Josh and I started watching Arrested Development on Hulu last night and that show is funny! We were loving it.

Wish? Not so much.

Bo-ring.
4. A certain brother of mine is celebrating a birthday this week!  Luckily, I will be back in time for the celebratory festivities later in the week.

5. My family got together over the weekend to watch my sister perform with her drum corps. It was great.

After the show, we stormed the field went to visit her. This was my favorite photo of her. "Please pretend you are drumming!"

srsly, big sister?
No, really, this is my favorite photo from the night. Proud parents with their talented girl:


This wraps up another Marvelous Monday. My posting may be - gasp! - sporadic this week, as I am venturing into the wilderness. But maybe you will have some surprises in the form of scheduled posts! Wait and see!

1 comment:

  1. Regarding #3 : it took you long enough! They're actually filming a new season now, maybe you can be caught up when it starts! Have a great time in the wild!

    ReplyDelete