Monday, December 17, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 51

Guess what? I thought I had gone astray in my Monday calculations this year, because we're already here at Week 51 and there are still two Mondays left in the year. As it turns out, per my internet research, there are 53 Mondays in 2012, not 52. How about that? (I guess this is also the place where I shouldn't admit that I counted them myself on a calendar and somehow ended up with 55 Mondays.)

Here's today's list:

1) I scurried over to yoga class this morning before work, which I can't imagine ever not counting as a small victory.

2) I have finally made progress on the t-shirt quilt for which I've been saving old t-shirts for ages. I went through the shirts that have piled up, added some more to the pile and cut them roughly for size. This week, I'm hoping to make more progress by getting to the next step: preparing the squares for sewing.

The funny part was finding shirts that I forgot I had. In high school, my nordic ski team (the girls' team, anyway) was really into decorating t-shirts. (I was one of this effort's merry ringleaders.) I found one of my all-time favorite t-shirts, circa 1999, in the t-shirt quilt box:


That's Ski Happy on the front, with a skier with pigtails. I still don't know if I can cut this t-shirt up, although it is decidedly not in any condition to be worn around town, either.

3) I'm going to Washington, D.C. in the spring! Natty and her husband and I (and a bunch of his family, I think, and possibly some more of our friends?) entered the lottery for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile, and our entries were accepted early this morning. I can't wait to run this wonderful race - and get to visit them for a weekend, and explore that city.

4) My family took our annual Christmas picture yesterday afternoon, which is kind of misleading because it means taking lots of pictures til we finally grab one where we all have our eyes open and are smiling. Sometime in the middle of our photo-taking, my dad said, "Wouldn't it be fun if we all waved?" We were all kind of uncertain about this, but we gave it a try, and by golly, it's my favorite picture of the whole bunch. And this is the only one in which Wish beamed, too.


5) I went to the dentist today and I am cavity-free!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so much to say about this post!

    1} Those dang cherry blossoms better be around still when the race happens and you're in town because I cannot imagine Mike enjoying running from tree to tree and taking loads of pictures with me.

    2} I'm SO happy you went to the dentist.

    3} I actually haven't gone in almost a year.

    4} 2013 is going to be wonderfully full of fun and lovely things! I'm thinking about YOU Fence-ster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a really cool looking dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the family photo, you definitely find the idea of waving more hilarious than any of your other family members do. LOVE IT -sj

    ReplyDelete
  4. what kind of dog do you have? he's so cool.

    ReplyDelete