Saturday, December 22, 2012

Time for cookies and crafts

Hi from Colorado!

Yesterday's travel went as smoothly as it could have gone, especially given a winter storm working its way across the country. Josh picked me up at the airport and drove us back to his hometown, we checked into the hotel and then headed over to his brother and sister-in-law's house to visit. I heard about Loco's holiday school concert, which I had missed earlier in the day, and my future sister-in-law (yay!) and I browsed flowergirl dresses online for Lala (although Lala herself has definite opinions about the dress herself, which I love!).

I'm just back from an eight-mile run around town for my weekly long run. Like yesterday's walk with Mom and Wish, I got out just after sunrise, and the early morning light was great:



This town isn't in the mountains, but it is higher up in terms of altitude than anywhere I go in the Midwest, so I was huffing and puffing a little for the first half of the run. I almost cut it short but then got into a better groove and finished up my longest run since October's marathon. (I like this time of building my mileage back up, because every weekend long run gets to be a new Longest Run Since The Marathon.) I only had one dog run-in on my route, too: a dog was running around in his backyard and was upset by my presence on the adjacent sidewalk. At the exact same time, the dog and I both noted that his gate was unlatched and open to the sidewalk, and an almost comical race between us to the gate ensued. Luckily, I won and gently pushed the gate shut and continued on my merry way.

We're about to head out to spend time with family - "cookies and crafts" was the teaser for the day's activities, and of course, I'm totally sold.

What are you up to today, Reader? Any cookies and crafts going on in your neck of the woods this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment