Tonight I started my first quilt.
And now that I am one-seventh done with the actual quilt's material - one row! - and I think the worst is behind me, I will proclaim that there were about 30 minutes this evening when I was sure it was going to be an absolute mess. If this thing really comes together and you ever stop by to visit and snuggle up with this quilt, you can just take a discreet peek at Row 6, patches 3 and 4. They are bad news! Crooked, scraggly, bunchy, strange news.
But then I finally got my mind around how to arrange the strips in a way that actually made sense instead of guessing how they were going to fit together, and then the whole thing started to go a lot more quickly. It will also help if I can cut more straight strips of fabric.
For now, I am just happy that this little project is finally off the ground!