Last month's update
The whole list
The goals I set last month:
- work on a financial literacy project
- start another classic book or try an autobiography
- start the My Day in Six Words journal
No, yes, no. I had my eye on a few Community Ed finance classes, but I chose the calligraphy class instead. I skipped the Six Words journal entirely. But I did start #93 Read five autobiographies, with Ishmael Beah's A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. I also got a good recommendation for another memoir and got in the library's reservation line for Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg. And yes, my original goal used the word "autobiography," but I am not making distinctions between autobiographies and memoirs. That's a subject for a whole other post, I suppose. I think for my next 101 list I will include a biography-reading goal. Also, I have typed "autobiography" or "biography" so many times in the last several sentences that the words look very strange now.
Now that I'm 15 months into the overall project, there are a lot of ongoing goals in progress now. One of my favorites is #82 Cook one new recipe per month. Every month! It has been a great reason to keep my eye out for new ideas. I like trying new recipes, and I like keeping a list of all the new ones I've tried. February was the spicy sausage pasta.
- I'm hoping March is the last month for the Winter 2012 snowman effort (#13).
- I will scout out a location for and start #73 Take a photo of the same place every month for a year.
- I will begin #100 Read 30 minutes per day for two weeks. I have not been carving out as much time to read lately and would like to be more intentional about that this month
- And I will re-try the Six Words journal (#99).