Goodbye, 28! Hello, 29! It's my birthday!
Much love today (and every day) to my mom and dad.
28 was a year with a lot of learning and stretching. I started the 101 in 1,001 project (well, technically that happened for the last three months of 27), met Wish, ran a bunch of races and did more yoga than I've ever done in the rest of my years combined, and got engaged. I feel happy in my heart that 28 was one of my favorite years so far.
1) My breakfast included a birthday grapefruit!
2) We celebrated with my family last night and it was so nice. My mom cooked chicken parmigiana and my traditional sunny lemon birthday cake.
(Mom was very excited when I showed up wearing yellow! And, yes, my sister is holding Wish.)
3) Menu update: yesterday I made a batch of tomato-chickpea-pesto soup to have in between servings of leftover cake and chicken parmigiana. We made this a ton of times earlier in the fall and had to take a break from it, but it's time to revisit this recipe because it is tasty and very fast.
4) I guess I was too preoccupied with the chicken parmigiana last night to notice, but tonight I am determined to enjoy the marvelous extra daylight.
5) A bridesmaid dress shopping extravaganza commences later this week!
I'm excited for 29!