Monday, March 5, 2012

The 10th Marvelous Monday of 2012

Here it is!

1) I really started to notice the spring sunlight this weekend.  There's more of it in the morning and evening, but it's also just warmer and stronger.  It makes for beautiful long, dark shadows against the snow. I realized over the weekend that my beloved shadows are going to fade into the woodwork (or I guess the grass) soon once the snow melts.  Here's one:


2) I am working my way through my latest reading project, Friday Night Lights. I have to confess that this was an assignment for a college class and I never, um, finished the assignment.  Josh and I are major fans of the movie, although we haven't watched the television version yet.  (If you are unfamiliar with the plot, the story documents the author's year in a West Texas town covering the high school football team's season, although that explanation on my part doesn't quite convey the depth to which the team is part of the town's culture and foundation.  Basically, it's a project that merges a lot of my own interests and curiosities.) The first sections of the book showed me how spot-on the film adaptation was, but now I'm in deeper and it's covering a lot of new ground.

3) I scored a major deal on sewing patterns last week!  I visited the local Joann Fabrics and found out that Butterick patterns - usually $10-20 - were on sale for 99 CENTS.  Cents!  This is perfect for me, because I'm in the very early stages of building up my collection of sewing resources.  I got seven patterns, ranging from projects I think I could take on now to ones that are a bit more ambitious.  (And the cashier told me I saved $120!)


4) Tomorrow the high will approach 55 degrees.  I am very excited.  I have spring on the brain. I want to swap out all of my winter clothes, but that's getting a little ahead of myself.

5) Speaking of spring, baseball's Opening Day is one month from yesterday!

What's marvelous for you today, Reader?  And do you have spring fever like I do, or are you still hoping for a snowstorm?

1 comment: