Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sunny and Saturday

This post is a short one because it is currently 64 degrees and sunny in my city.  Need I say more?  You can find me outside.

This morning I volunteered at the 100% Irish For a Day TC 5K and 10 Mile.  Mother Nature spotted us about 45 degrees more this morning than she did for the Valentine's Day 5K last month.  It was still breezy by the lake, but very pleasant in comparison.

Like me, Lake Harriet is ready for spring.

There was also a lot of St. Patrick's Day spirit.  A lot of green.  A lot of good costumes.  I even saw a runner dressed as a pot of gold!  You could also pose at a photo booth with props, including these great little signs:


Now I have to abruptly circle back to yesterday's run.  I guess because of my wolf-induced hysteria I forgot to include two more little snapshots from the adventure, including the best set of little tracks I've seen in quite awhile.  (Note: if you thought I stopped to take a picture of wolf tracks, you've got another thing coming.)


Finally, the next picture isn't funny unless I tell you that of all the wide pavement I had to choose from on this path, I tripped on one of the snow chunks and almost went flying.


If you live in Minnesota, I hope you're out prowling around on this fine day. I have a neighborhood to explore on foot, a dinner reservation, and a festive weekend to which I must attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment