Sunday, March 4, 2012

Something new!

Reader!  Remember this tease?  I first told you about this mystery way back in November. I have been itching to figure it out ever since.


The sign outside this St. Paul building was originally just the "SOMETHING NEW IS COMING" part.  A few weeks later, the "AND IT HAS TO DO WITH CHOCOLATE" addition appeared.  How can one not be curious?  

But then it stayed that way for months!  I had to temper my curiosity.

This weekend, my family and I were dining across the street when I noticed that a glowing red and blue OPEN sign had replaced the yellow poster!  

This was a powerful experience in effective, enticing marketing.  I appreciate chocolate as much as the next person, but I'm far from a fanatic. Yet I felt pulled - compelled - to visit this place because of how long my curiosity had persisted.  After dinner, I happily dragged my family into the new shop, now open for business: Dr. Chocolate's Chocolate Chateau.

This was the view. Glorious, no?


And rest assured, we were not disappointed.


My truffle is the one in the lower left corner. It was infused with the spirit of a chocolate-covered cherry.  Next on my list to try is my brother's, the mint one in the upper right corner.  They also have a Meyer lemon truffle that seems very exciting to me.

I have been partial to the city's standout ice cream shops in the past, but if there was any doubt before, there is definitely no shortage of decadent treats available in St. Paul now.  

1 comment:

  1. I am drooling right now! We must go there when we come in a few months! Please!!!

    ReplyDelete