Monday, March 19, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Volume 12

This is Marvelous Monday!

1) Sometime soon I will stop prattling on about this warm weather.  Not today!  Besides the warm temperatures, the buds on the trees have really started to get serious.  It's supposed to rain a whole bunch tonight and tomorrow, and I expect the world (well, my neighborhood) to be much greener by midweek.

Look at this scene from this morning's run:


Leaves on the trees are definitely marvelous.

2) It's travel time!  I'm leaving for Arizona later in the week.  I'm making my packing list and picking out books for my Kindle.  I love this part of travel preparation.  I can't wait for the trip and the people I'll see on it!

3) Last weekend, my sweet sister surprised me for my birthday by announcing that she wanted to cook me dinner.  (Yes!  Anytime!)  We met at her apartment last night and she made pad thai and a cherry crumble for dessert. I keep telling her that when I was a recent college graduate, I ate a lot of Hot Pockets and cold cereal, not things like pad thai from scratch.

Look at her!  Thank you, Sis.  I loved our dinner.


4) The Get Lucky half-marathon is in the books!  The race itself wasn't quite marvelous for me - in short, I don't think I really cooled down until about 8:00 that night - but there were marvelous parts: running with Molly, seeing my friend Emily, thinking about breaking down a challenge into more manageable sections, and of course, just finishing a fun race with loads of runners dressed up in their best St. Patrick's Day gear. And not having to run the mile back to our cars afterward, thanks to Molly's husband and his parents, who gave us a ride!  Oh, and I got a gigantic vanilla root beer from the Davanni's Coca-Cola Freestyle soda-mixing machine after the race, too.  Marvelous stuff, just coming out of the woodwork.

5) I finally finished Friday Night Lights today over lunch on a bench outside.  The last 50 pages were my favorite. Beautiful storytelling.

So, what's up, Reader?  Anything you're reading that you'd like to recommend?  What's marvelous about your day?

1 comment:

  1. Homemade pad thai?! Amazing. I love pad thai!!

    Love that picture too, I am also enjoying this warm weather! Hope it's here to stay. :)

    ReplyDelete