Saturday, March 3, 2012

Streak maintenance

This streak can't go on too much longer, can it?

For now, it's alive and well!  I ran by another Twin Cities lake this morning!


That's Cedar Lake, on the west side of Minneapolis, and that's snow in the background.  This photo makes it look a little more still and peaceful than it actually was.  It was windy at this part in the run!  It's hard to believe that temperatures in the 50s are predicted to arrive next week.

By the end of our run, Molly and I decided that we had pretty effectively canvassed western Minneapolis today: 15 miles got us Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Lake of the Isles, and Cedar Lake, plus time on the Kenilworth Trail, the Midtown Greenway, and the Cedar Lake Trail. Did you know, per Wikipedia, the Cedar Lake Trail is the country's first bicycle freeway? I didn't! I love running and biking around the Twin Cities.

I've visited different lakes on four consecutive Saturdays now: Harriet on February 11, Como on February 17, Nokomis on February 24, and now Cedar today. Maybe I should keep this streak going. After all, there are more than 10,000 lakes in this state to explore. If not a streak, maybe I'll see how many I can visit via running in 2012.  That sounds like a fun project!

Any recommendations for which one I should tackle next?

No comments:

Post a Comment