Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Learning the neighborhood again

Today I bring a trio of sights from around the neighborhood. (One glaring omission: the peonies.  PEONIES!  Today when I walked into work, my officemate had left a gorgeous bouquet of bright pink peonies on my desk, perhaps because I practically fell over with excitement when she told me yesterday that her yard was packed full of the blooms. I got to smell them all day!)

Where was I? Right. On with the neighborhood sights:

 

I am prowling the city streets much more now - morning, noon and night - thanks to my little wolf. I am seeing things I never notice while I'm running, even though my hands are usually full of leash and dog biscuits and my eyes are watching for various moving obstacles (particularly of the canine variety). Spring just helps me see more, but it doesn't hurt that I'm just out and about in my neighborhood at new times, either.

It's even more fascinating to realize that I don't notice a fraction of the sights, sounds and smells (especially smells) that Wish does. (Though to be perfectly clear, these photos were snapped when I wasn't with him. And he sure as heck would never care about a pretty poppy or chive flower anyway.)

I am having fun trying to see the neighborhood through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment