Friday, May 25, 2012

Rain report

It felt like it rained for days and days here this week. It was really only 24 hours or so, but man, it was serious rain. Some cities on the western side of the metro area got up to five inches of rain.

Last night the skies started to clear. It was very exciting.


This morning I rolled out of bed for my run and saw nothing but blue skies and a happy Friday sun. (Obviously totally different in appearance from a non-Friday sun, of course.)

Just for proof...in case you didn't believe me, I guess?

Besides a very green world, there was still some evidence of all of the rain that fell yesterday.  See the puddles next to the train tracks?

  

I'm sad to report that the wind and storms did a number on the peony scene around town.


But the wonderful, massive wild rose bush in my neighborhood fared just fine!


It was a peaceful, easy trip around town after a day off from running yesterday - the kind that leaves you refreshed and energized instead of sluggish and blugh. (I have those workouts, too. And yes, blugh is a valid adjective.)

And now it's the weekend! What are you up to?  I'm excited for plans with friends and family - but first is an experiment involving salted nut roll bars...and then probably finishing The Book Thief while eating said bars. Have a great weekend, Reader!

1 comment: