Saturday, May 26, 2012

Salted Nut Roll party

How is it that Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls are The Best Post-Race Food Ever?  And do most races outside Minnesota include them in the array of post-race snacks, or is it just because Pearson's is a Minnesota company?  (Out-of-state readers, please chime in!)

The point is, they're simply the best: peanuts and marshmallows and some sort of nougat-caramel-peanut butter stuff that holds it all together. And so awhile back, when my friend Kate told me she had discovered a recipe for Salted Nut Rolls in bar form, I knew I had to try it.


Today I finished my long run with Molly - 11 miles, most of them in the rain! - and then I got into the pan of salted nut roll bars I had put in the fridge to set yesterday. (I used this recipe.) It wasn't quite the same as crossing a finish line and getting my hands on a little red candy bar package, but you know?  It was pretty nice just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment