Monday, May 21, 2012

Marvelous Monday, Week 21

I can't say "Volume 21" anymore, because last week's "WE GOT A DOG" post makes for a couple of skipped Marvelous Monday installments now. But here you are: the 21st week of 2012!

What is marvelous about the start of the week?  Well:

1. Yesterday, thanks to the recommendation from one friend, who got the tip from another friend, we bought Wish an Easy Walk harness that promised to cut down on how much he pulls on his leash.  The verdict? It totally works and is amazing. I won't bore you too much with the physics behind it, but the harness just redistributes the pressure of the leash (as opposed to just against his throat, like his plain old collar) and essentially pulls him back automatically every time he pulls, without us making the deliberate choice to stop the walk and pull him back. This seems much better in terms of consistency and also frees us up to work on his growls toward his litany of perceived threats. (Sigh. My darling.)

Thank you for the recommendation, friends!

2. The spring flower landscape is changing almost weekly around here. Tulips are gone. Lilacs are gone. Am I moping around town?  No.  Because what's next?  PEONIES!!
Yippee!
3. In all of the Wish excitement - which I chronicled on Friday, in case you missed it - I forgot to mention that I finally read Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) and completely adored it. I kept laughing out loud, over and over again. Now I am on to something quite different: The Book Thief. I just started that over the weekend and am rapidly nearing the end of my Kindle library loan. Yeep! I really want to finish it in time.

4. Wish's very first pawprint photo, courtesy of my mom:


5. We start obedience training tonight!

Hey, Reader, what is marvelous about your day today?

3 comments:

  1. I adore peonies!!!! Enjoy them for me please sweet Becs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peonies are my absolute favorite flower! I'm heading back to my parent's house this weekend and the thing I'm most excited for is to hopefully cut peonies to take home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My officemate brought some in today from her yard! They're wonderful!

      Delete