Monday, May 7, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 19

There was some marvelous commerce to report from this weekend.

1) First and most importantly, I got four marvelous new tires for my car yesterday, after a flat tire threw the smallest of wrenches in the weekend. So safe!  So new!  So shiny!

No holes!

2) And I got a new coffeemaker. I am very, very, very excited about this and didn't realize just how, well, vile my old one was until I set up my new one. We opened the new box and I brought it into the kitchen and imagined that the old one was quivering with fear about being replaced. I said to Josh, who was relaxing peacefully in the living room, "Come here, the old coffee maker looks really scared!" and then realized that I sounded even more absurd than usual.


3) And more commerce: on Saturday, I stopped at garage sales during my long run.  (This was a first for me, I think.) Fortunately for the sake of my long run, I didn't buy anything until the last stop. I came back home a dollar lighter but newly equipped with a short vase and a black picture frame. (I'm slowly collecting black frames for a project.) My mom used to make us tag along to garage sales on Thursdays and I totally never got it until now.  They are fun!


4) Okay, enough with the shopping tidbits. I made it to yoga this morning before work!

5) I am just about to go have frozen yogurt with all kinds of fixins'.  Right now!  Bye!

But P.S. Hearty greetings to the readers who found my blog by googling "urban setting with sunlight" and "dessert land blog." You've both come to the right place for sure!

seen on my walk tonight

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have a new appreciation for garage sales too, I was just thinking how much I miss the Midwestern version of them... just not the same as "stoop" sales in NYC. :)

    ReplyDelete