Thursday, May 3, 2012

When it rains, it pours

I couldn't resist.

Post one picture of clouds, and I get on an uncontrollable cloud kick.

I think today was this spring's first daytime rollicking thunderstorm.  A big flash of yellow and red on the radar swept across the state and piled heavy rain on my city. I stayed inside for that part. I went outside to run an errand afterward, and I saw the most magnificent clouds as the storm rolled eastward.
The rain had puddled up everywhere and the grass and leaves were thick with green.
Tis the season for thunderstorms - they're in the forecast every day through the weekend - and I do love to watch that sky.

1 comment:

  1. Read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood, if you haven't. It's really good...and I count it as a classic (aka something you might have to read in high school English)

    ReplyDelete