Monday, January 16, 2012

Marvelous Monday: 2012, Volume 3

Reader!  Golly!  I'm on the couch, nearly zonked out for the day, taking in some Gossip Girl very serious television programs, and I realized I haven't even celebrated Marvelous Monday yet!

  1. I got to spend part of the morning running with my friend Molly.  I guess we have officially started training for our next race!  We'll both be toeing the start line of the Get Lucky Half Marathon around St. Patrick's Day.  With that event in mind, we cranked out a few intervals together and enjoyed the sunshine.
  2. During my cooldown, I saw a Little Library in person for the first time!  If you perused the Miles and Laurel comment section last week, you may remember that I wrote about visiting the library for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and my post prompted Sara to mention the Little Free Library project.  The first Little Library was started in Hudson, Wis., and they've since spread all over the country: all community efforts, all run by volunteers.  Sara's note was the first I've heard I've heard of this project, and I loved seeing a Little Library in person!
  3. Later, I caught up with another friend at a restaurant that specializes in margherita pizzas - or, more accurately, I specialize in consuming their margherita pizzas.  Yum.
  4. This week's Kindle read is "The Art of Fielding" by Chad Harbach.  I heard the author doing the rounds on my various podcasts this month - it's kind of about a baseball team at a small liberal arts college in the Midwest - and I decided to check it out.  It's grabbing my attention, I'm most of the way through and I'm hoping things turn around for Schwartz and Henry before the end of the book.
  5. This!


More on that yellow stuff tomorrow.  All I can say now is that I am going to sleep soundly tonight.


What's marvelous about your Monday today?

No comments:

Post a Comment