Friday, January 27, 2012

Week in review

Sometimes a week is a zooming rollercoaster of highs and lows.  This week was not that way.  Instead, there were lots of small highlights that were just really nice, in the best sense of that word.  I got to catch up with my friend Ellie Fence, found myself buying fresh flowers and a gallon-sized bucket of animal crackers at Trader Joe's, and am loving this new Saucony headband I got at Marathon Sports, a running shop in Minneapolis.

Yeah!  I'm wearing a headband because it's warm now!  I mentioned icy sidewalks earlier, but temperatures soared to a balmy 40 degrees by yesterday afternoon.  I walked home from work, which I really like to do when I can.  I didn't even need a hat (or my headband, for that matter), and the gloves came off early in the trip.  I love using figures of speech literally!

And I got to watch the sun set, too.  I swear, you guys, if I lived in a more rural area with more viewing opportunities, all you would ever see at M&L would be sunsets.  I can't ever get enough.


Whoa.  Now that's an extra-large photo.  I'm practicing taking pictures with my new phone, and they turn out extra-tall, which seems to mean I can make them extra-large in Blogger without overflowing into the right margins.  

I promise to use this discovery for good and not just for extra-large sunset summaries.

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment