Monday, January 9, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 2 of 2012

Yes, it's marvelous out there today.  Go!

1) Lots of sun. Predicted high of 47. Shorts for lunch run. That's all I need to say.

2) Guacamole is on the docket for tonight, when we are hosting a football-watching party with our friends.  (See #3.)

3) It's the BCS National Championship tonight!  (I can already imagine my mom rolling her eyes and huffing and puffing about how boring this item is - sorry, Mom!) And my household is still recovering from the thrilling overtime Broncos win last night.  But this is the national college football championship, okay?  It does not feature my Tennessee Volunteers - I'll keep my eyes toward the future and my fingers crossed - but it does feature LSU and Alabama, who both absolutely walloped the Vols this season.  They are two very good teams and it will be a good game.

4) My carrot cake is complete!


5) I hope Josh likes it, because it's for him...and his birthday!  (Obviously, it will have candles on it later.)  He likes to keep the event quiet (unlike his loudmouth girlfriend), but I know he started his day on a bright note because Lala and Loco called him with birthday greetings before we left for work (complete with a delightfully crass noise Loco has figured out how to make with his armpit).

I am lucky, blessed, thrilled and grateful that he is in my life, and that is indeed marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment