Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mathematical miracles

Now you're curious, aren't you?

I don't even really know how this happened, but today Josh and I found ourselves at our local bowling alley at approximately 10:30 a.m.

Perhaps because this is not the most common time to knock over some pins, the alley runs a $1.25/game special from 9:00 to noon on Sunday mornings.  We racked up three games by noon, and even though we were not bowling our best (and came up with a medley of excuses for it), it was a good time.  There was also a double date going on a few lanes to our left, which I was extra curious about, because I don't think I could wrangle any double dates for, like, 10 a.m. on a Sunday.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is to show you my progress from one of the games:




Okay, you can barely see it in the photo, but look at that line!  9+9+9+9!  9, 18, 27, 36!  Am I the only person who thinks this is so cool!?  Unfortunately, this magical streak did not continue.  I was positively dismayed when I threw a 7 or 8 on my next turn.  But it was fun while it lasted.

P.S. That speed is not at all mine.  Josh thinks it's funny when I get so riled up when I improve my bowling speed, but wouldn't you if your average speed was in the 7 mph range?  I'm not exaggerating, either.  I am the slowest bowler in the history of the world.

P.P.S. Happy Sunday, Reader!  I hope your week starts out swimmingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment