Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three things Thursday

Here are a few things going on around Miles and Laurel this week - besides failed hot air balloon sightseeing, White Elephant games, and arts and crafts shopping trips.

1) Loco's kindergarten class celebrated the 100th day of school this week, and in honor of the occasion, the kids dressed up as their interpretation of 100-year-old people.  This involved baby powder in his hair and eyebrows.  I kind of want to implement this celebration in my workplace.  I wonder if any of my colleagues would be game.

2) I love to do my long runs on Saturday mornings, leaving Sundays gloriously and completely free.  I've had Saturday morning non-running plans for the past couple of weeks, so I've been squeezing in my long run on Thursday nights after work.  This requires a little bit of extra planning and is a little bit of a pain, but it's also kind of awesome.  My long runs right now are 12 or 13 miles - not up to 20, like they will be in the summer - so I'm still home at a reasonable time. And then I go into Friday with my long run already in the rearview mirror!  I'm at it again tonight.  As an added bonus, I will sneak the run in when it's 40 degrees and sunny instead of on Saturday morning, when it will be about 9 degrees.

3) Today when I woke up at my usual time, the light coming in from the windows was just a little bit brighter.  Ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment