Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A repaired vehicle

It's the little engine that could!

Today's entry is dedicated to my car, which (I had to work really hard to not type "who") is usually the recipient of grouching and not warm fuzzies.

This car has a persistent problem with a squealing belt related to its alternator.  This is not a charming noise and is even more confusing because it happens at ignition and then at random intervals on the road.  I took it in yesterday and asked them to tighten the belt, which has fixed the problem before.  One of the employees called and sounded mildly concerned but also charged with determination (I might have imagined that) because he wanted to do some digging and find the root problem.  And then he didn't call...and didn't call.  And my concern started climbing a little bit, because a major repair would force the question (and decision) of whether to pay for the repair or move onto a new vehicle.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and my worry was all for naught.  He called and said my car was ready to go!  The parts were replaced and the belts no longer squeal.

Thank you, Little Car, for breaking down in parts that are covered by warranty!

Basically, if you can imagine a little less shine and a little more character, my car was looking like this:


Here's to you, Little Car!

No comments:

Post a Comment