Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friday stroll

Today I ran in not-warm rain.  I will skip that recap - just think "drenched rat" and that's a pretty good summary - and instead focus on yesterday's walk, which was full of spring.  Actually, today's scenery was full of spring, too.  The trees along the river were so green already and also full of that just-about-to-really-bloom energy. But yesterday was springy in a sunshine-on-a-Friday-afternoon kind of way.  You know.

Spring has introduced a whole new host of items in the Miles and Laurel "things I love" category. Very loyal readers (hi, Mom!) might know that this is my first spring on the blog.  (M&L is turning one next month.) Please be a little patient while I document some of these loves for the first time.

Here are a few.

1. I really, really love tulips. A yard full of them!


2. I also enjoy dandelions.


Oh, they're a weed? I don't care!

3. I love flowering trees of all varieties.

4. I also forgot how wonderful lilac bushes are. Here is an exciting preview of blog content in the future:

5. And finally, I really love sidewalk chalk. There is a real lack of opportunity for drawing on sidewalks during the winter months, so I think kids might try really hard to make up for it in the spring.
Those little lumps on the sidewalk are mashed-up dandelions.
Is that a mad fish and a cranky crab?  Next time I go on a long walk, I might make a whole post of the great sidewalk art around town.

Hey! What do you like best about spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment