Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A strange branch

Today I ran on a stretch of earth on Summit Avenue in St. Paul that the soles of my shoes have touched at least hundreds and probably thousands of times. (That's kind of funny to think about in itself, no?)

Then I looked up, and I saw this crazy, warped, looping tree that I had never, ever noticed before.  See that dirt path underneath it? That's where I run.


What the heck?  Where on earth did this tree come from?  How did that wayward branch grow that way?  And isn't it strange!? (And I bet you liked how I managed to work a tree shadow into that photo, hmm?)

It's interesting to think of everything I must see every day and not notice.  It's probably overwhelming if one thinks of it too much. (Then you'd stop noticing anything because you were distressed you weren't noticing enough!  Bad news bears!)

I just think it's fun when you get a little nudge like that.  Hey, don't get too comfortable!  There's something new here every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment