Monday, April 30, 2012

Marvelous Monday, Week 18

Here we are, the last Monday in April, the 18th week of 2012. May starts tomorrow!

What is marvelous about the start of this week, you ask?

1) I guess this is as good a place as any to admit I am a total fiend for Draw Something, that silly smartphone version of Pictionary. The marvelous bit is that I started today by drawing a little man Tebowing and Josh guessed it.  Ha!  Five years ago, no one would've known what I was talking about in this item!

2) I went to one of my favorite yoga classes at CorePower yet last night, the 75-minute candlelight session. It was wonderful. The only light in the room was the candles, obviously, and the whole class faced the windows instead of the mirrors. I didn't realize how much I had been relying on the mirrors for feedback. I loved facing the windows.

3) My plants have survived 18 hours without animal sabotage.

4) I snuck in just under the wire with a new recipe (see #82) last night. Have I already mentioned my love for the blog Iowa Girl Eats? Her recipes are so fab.  Last night I tried sweet corn and quinoa with honey lemon vinagrette. Marvelous: I cooked a bigger batch so I could have leftovers for lunch this week. Also marvelous: the smell of the first fresh sweet corn of the year sauteing in butter.

5) The last few days have apparently been some sort of a 101 in 1,001 party. Next: I'm giving blood tonight, for the first time in years!  I hope it is marvelous. Advance gratitude to Kate for guiding me through this process.

BONUS: May is Museum Month in the Twin Cities!  Are there any museum visits on your wishlist this month?

DOUBLE BONUS: Today marks six months of daily posting over here at Miles and Laurel, fulfilling a little internal challenge. I have definitely never managed to maintain a journal daily for six months, so I will give a tiny pat on the back and move onward. I am not sure if this torrid streak will continue, but it's another good opportunity to appreciate you readers. I love my interactions with you all, whether it is through email, the comment section or whatever other communication vehicle you choose (in-person interaction falls in this category). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment