Monday, April 9, 2012

Marvelous Monday, Week 15

Here we are!  By my count, it's the 15th week of 2012.  For the archives: temperatures are more seasonal, but the sunlight is gorgeous.

1) I promised a few more details about Easter in yesterday's post. My extended family spends the holiday at my grandma's house, on the farm where my mom and her siblings all grew up. I love prowling around the farm and seeing the differences between my grandma's home and my home in the city: the broader horizon during the day, and at night, the starrier sky and the quiet. Both places are beautiful, in very different ways.
And then we goofed around and had fun. Josh and my brother got little wrestling action figures in their Easter baskets. We climbed on tractors. My mom drove a tractor!


2) Reading report: Over the weekend, I finished How I Live Now, a book that Nat lent me when we were in Arizona. It's young adult fiction that's a little more sci-fi/futuristic than I usually err - basically, an English war story set in the modern timing - but it's wonderfully written, with storytelling that sucked me in and made me push back the start of my long run on Saturday morning so I could finish it. I'd like to start reading more YA fiction because I'd maybe like to write it someday.  There, I said it!

3) One of the best signs of spring: the Twins play their home opener today!  It's going to be sunny and cold and windy - in other words, April - and I packed my Twins stocking hat.  I am super excited to try the new garlic fries and even more excited to see my sister and her boyfriend and their crew perform the national anthem!  Oh, yes, and I'm excited to see the game, too.

4) I battled the early alarm and made it to yoga this morning - and it was a very small class, so I got lots of good tips and constructive feedback from the teacher.

5) One fabulous M&L reader joined a softball team and is playing in her first game tonight! Many good luck wishes to her!

How was your weekend, Reader?  What are your favorite signs of spring?  Any books to add to my reading list?

2 comments:

  1. O M G. I made the list! I also would really like the opportunity to visit your Grandma's farm. Those photos made me very very very VERY happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are liking the YA fiction, I would suggest Divergent by Veronica Roth...it's kind of in the same vein as The Hunger Games (which, if you haven't read THAT, you should read that first)

    ReplyDelete