Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Opening Day report!

I will sort out the events of Opening Day for you, in tidy list form to summarize the glorious and the not-so-good:

1) Well, that's not so good: A Twins loss for the home opener.

2) Always good: Watching my beloved team play out in the sunshine at a beautiful baseball park.  After years and years of watching baseball at the Metrodome, this never gets old and I promise to never take it for granted.  (Well, to be honest, I did start to take it for granted last summer during 100-degree game days.  But never again!)

Our view:



3) Less good: Garlic fries. Sorry, garlic fries. I wanted to love you, like I love the garlic fries at some stadiums around the league.  But these were just too intense for me.  But...I totally still ate them all. So...you should probably try them anyway.  (Sidenote: cheese curds=GOOD!)

4) QUITE BAD: I forgot to take the traditional Opening Day photo with Josh.

5) Wonderfully good: Getting to see my sister and her boyfriend perform in the ensemble that played the national anthem.  I got to Target Field and could hear the band, and it turned out that they were basically warming up on the field in front of my section!  I ran (super cool) down the stadium steps (in retrospect, a small miracle that I didn't trip and fly forward) to get closer.  And then my sister walked right by me with her drum and I yelled her name, and she looked.  And instead of yelling encouraging words or even simply saying hello like a non-creepo sister would do, I got so excited that I just took her picture instead.


6) Continued good: And then, after a great pre-game ceremony, the band came back out onto the field to perform the national anthem.

7) Still good: They did a wonderful job.  Seeing her was awesome, and so was knowing that she was behind the beats that were bouncing around the stadium!  It was beautiful.

So was the whole day, really, even though I would've liked my team to grab the W.

Hey, Reader, have you been enjoying the start of baseball season like I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment