Friday, April 20, 2012

Something sunny

You have heard a lot about my family this week at Miles and Laurel, haven't you?

Get ready for more!  What can I say?  I love them.

This week, I got a very, very wonderful surprise in the mail. There was a business-sized envelope from my grandma waiting for me on the table when I got home, and it was thick, with something more than just a normal letter inside it. Grandma and I exchange letters regularly, but this was out of the ordinary. What in the heck was inside?

Turns out it was this!


The letter opened with this: "Since you got more knowledgeable about hummingbirds while in Arizona, I just had to knit this dishcloth for your kitchen."

Reader, it's not much of a stretch to imagine my face as I was processing this gift and the accompanying letter.  There are no words for how much I loved it. I don't dare keep it pristine, though, because she gets feisty when people tell her that her dishtowels are too lovely to use!

So shall we kick off this weekend with a toast (figurative or literal) to grandmas all over the world?  Hear, hear!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see your face upon reading the note and seeing the cloth. And I love it just as much as you. I squealed in delight, in fact. Yay!

    ReplyDelete