Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lilac party

The other day, I emailed Josh the following photo with the subject line "my new friend."


He didn't see the monarch butterfly in the middle of the photo and thought I was simply sending a photo of lilacs and referring to lilacs singularly as "my new friend."

I initially wrote this incident off as a total backfire because he didn't even mention anything about finding an email of this nature remotely odd. (Ha! He's used to my charm.)

Then I got to thinking, and I'm pretty sure he was picking up on something. I do love lilacs.  They are sort of like my new friend this time of year.  Around my neighborhood, they are just starting to bloom, so on any given plant, about half of the buds have burst into flowers.  (You can see it in my butterfly photo above, too - the dark purple and the light purple.)

I went for a walk earlier this week on Summit Avenue - that street with the peaceful dirt path down the middle of the median that I wrote about back in September.  The path is chock full of lilac plants right now!

I can practically smell them now, just looking at the photos:


Looks like we have to add another idea to the Amenities in My Future Home list. I think if I don't narrow down my grand visions, I am going to someday have a weird yard cluttered with all kinds of plants that may or may not go together.  Heck! A girl can dream.

Hey, Reader, do you have a favorite spring flower?  I thought mine was the tulip, but lilacs are scurrying up the ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment