Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ballpark tour

Josh's dad is in town for a visit, and we've had a great week. We've been enjoying good meals and showing him around Minneapolis and St. Paul. His dad is a big baseball fan, too, so we've been catching games together - all on TV, though. His visit coincided with the Twins on the road and then the All Star break, so unfortunately, he wasn't able to experience one of our favorite Minnesota activities: a game at Target Field.

But luckily, Josh was able to arrange for a tour that was the next best thing!

I never get tired of seeing Target Field, with or without fans packing the seats. It is an exceptionally beautiful park. In a funny way, whenever I go to Target Field, I always think about the old Metrodome, too, and the Twins that played there, who I'd watch and talk about with my dad and grandpa. My love for Twins baseball goes way back, so it's always a thrill to see the new field and to see this new era for the team unfolding.

Thus, it's understandable that we love to take visitors there, no?

We made our trip on a summer evening that would be perfecto for baseball: warm but not oppressive, with a light breeze and the sunlight streaming.

I was the bossy lady who kept making Josh and his dad pose for pictures.


And then, because that wasn't enough, I'd furtively take candids.


And then when that apparently wasn't enough, I started taking pictures of them walking when they couldn't see me at all!


The sun was just about to dip behind the stadium. We love shadows at Miles and Laurel!


Target Field is kind of sandwiched between downtown Minneapolis and the Warehouse District, so there are gorgeous old brick buildings near it.


And I like the skyline view, too!


During a week when there were major baseball-related festivities going on in Kansas City for the All-Star Game, it was so neat to see the park when it was peaceful and quiet. Josh's dad gave the tour a thumbs-up, too, so it laid the foundation very well for the next time he's in town and we can catch a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment