Monday, July 30, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 31

It's Marvelous Monday! What is marvelous about yesterday, today, tomorrow and this week?

1. I am getting into some serious training weeks for my fall marathon, and I got in a tough workout this morning that went better than I expected! Fingers crossed that this bodes well for the rest of the week's miles.

2. Even with the brouhaha about tape delay and spoilers, I'm loving the Olympics.

3. I got Wish a new bone-shaped chew toy designed to entice dogs to chomp their way to dental health. Wish is not a big chewer by nature (knock on wood) and seems to forget that the bone is around most of the day, but when we remind him, he gets totally jazzed and without fail pounces on the bone. He will not approach it without a pounce. It cracks me up.

4. I went to the farmer's market yesterday. It was early in the morning and raining and it was about the most quiet I've ever seen it on a Sunday morning in late July. I tottered around and got some wonderful items, including sweet corn, a monstrous bouquet of flowers, and a monstrous bag full of basil, all before the clock struck eight. (And maybe two donuts, too.) More on the basil tomorrow!

5. I saw resiliency in action this weekend in nature. (Well, nature sounds a little overdramatic for the real subject at hand. Yes, I'm talking about my windowboxes again.) I've learned that I need to just flip my windowboxes every couple of weeks, just as one is exploding in prosperity and the other is spiraling into turmoil. I thought I had waited a couple of days too long and that one box wouldn't recover. I flipped them so the sad windowbox was in the partial sunlight and gave it a healthy drink of water, and hours - literally, hours later - it had perked up to the point that there were buds on the plants. And now there are flowers. Let's have a hearty cheer for impatiens!

Happy Monday evening!  Any new recipe projects of your own this week, Reader? Do you have any adventures planned for the days ahead?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment