Monday, July 2, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 27

It's Monday, and I'm armed with tools to beat the heat this week - namely, watermelon and iced coffee (see #4). We don't have air conditioning in our home - sometimes I could see possibly changing this week - but the fans are working overtime and doing a good job of cooling this place off.

At Miles and Laurel, I start the week with Marvelous Monday, five marvelous tidbits about the weekend and upcoming week:

1. My passport arrived!!  I am now equipped to travel the world on a moment's notice!  I also got my old passport back in a separate envelope. I had been kind of sad to turn it over, so I was pleased to see it in the mail. Let the international vacation offers roll in!

2. I got to try a new-to-me restaurant this weekend with Sara, who is eager to help me with that item on my list. Our destination: The Anchor Fish & Chips in northeast Minneapolis. Some of you may find it odd that we were excited about fish and chips for lunch on a 93-degree day in the summer - that's how good that meal is at Anchor. I need to get back there, pronto.

3. Josh's dad is visiting this week!

4. Every summer I reach a point when hot coffee is just not an appealing option for me, especially after a morning run. I've been curious about making iced coffee for ages - printing off the instructions at least last summer but possibly the summer before that, too - and this weekend I finally tried it!  I used a recipe from The Pioneer Woman and am set up with a gigantic vat of iced coffee. I am very excited about this.

5. Tonight is Wish's graduation from obedience class. (Note: this is not at all to say that our obedience training journey has ended.) I've learned a lot through this class and have gotten to do some good work with him. "Pomp and Circumstance" will play at least once in our home tonight before we leave for class.

Reader, please tell me: are you into iced coffee?  Do you love fish and chips like I do? How are you staying cool this week?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you don't have air conditioning! Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete