Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Multitask

Oh, Reader, a mischievous little plan of mine got wild and crazy this afternoon.

I've written before here, way back in the winter, about how I love to literally run errands. In the summer, there are a billion things that are more fun than running errands, so it is nice to combine some miles with tasks on the to do list. Time was running out to pick up my reserved items at the library (and my copy of The Marriage Plot was due), so today I skedaddled a mile or two over to the library after work to drop off the book, covered a couple more without literature in hand and then stopped back at the same library to retrieve Gold and season one of The Wire.

Here's where the wild and crazy comes in. It was a beautiful afternoon - low 80s and low humidity - and I was taking my sweet time with a gentle pace. I got to the library and saw people streaming out of the building. I took a quick look at the hours marked on the door and realized that, without any clue, I had meandered to the library with two minutes to spare before it closed for the night.

I could hardly contain my mirth!


Workout done, books collected. I looked either like a grade A goofball or a bookish thief making a very slow escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment