Monday, July 23, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 30

Some Marvelous Mondays are previews of the upcoming week; others are true snapshots of the day. Today? We've got a weekend recap on tap.

1. I had a truly wonderful 37-hour weekend with Nat (and her husband and pup, too!), who were in Minnesota for a too-brief stopover en route to their new home on the East Coast. We went for a long walk, wandered around town, ate good pizza and ice cream, and checked off items on her summer road trip scavenger hunt via her hometown newspaper. I also tried to convince them to move back to St. Paul instead of continuing eastward. (They are on their way to Chicago now, so my campaign didn't work.)

2. Wish made his first dog friend since moving in with us. (See #1 and also yesterday's post.) He was wary at first but warmed to Nat's dog quickly and is now downright perturbed that everyone's gone.

Here we are!


3. Nat and I visited St. Paul's Highland Fest yesterday and loved it. I got a corn dog and cherry lemonade. (Yum.) We also visited the Half Price Books tent sale, which was one of the best things I've ever seen. We could have spent hours there but had plans for later in the afternoon, which I'll detail tomorrow. We didn't even get halfway through the children's section, let alone teen, adult fiction and adult non-fiction. It was incredible.

We also stumbled on some interesting children's books in the boxes. I was particularly struck by Snakes Live in the Grass. Nat?


4. We now have a working itinerary for my first trip to Washington, D.C. since I went there with my family when I was 13.

Cherry blossoms, here I come!

5. Before our houseguests arrived late Saturday night, we went to the movies (to watch the baseball documentary Pelotero), grilled our dinner (steak for Josh, caprese sandwich for me) and bowled. I bowled a triumphant 113 in the first game before my paltry score of 62 in the second. We have a season pass at the local lanes, and it's time to start using it more!

What do you think, Reader? Should we close with an unnecessary photo of my dog? I think so.


He's actually gazing blissfully at a steak on the grill (I'm not even kidding), but just pretend he's thinking about Monday. I hope you feel the same way about the day!

1 comment:

  1. It was hard to leave! Guinness was glad he left his mark. Cherry blossoms 2013, get ready!

    ReplyDelete