Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three Things Thursday

What's going on today, you ask?

Well, first and foremost, it is Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary today. I posted this photo last year on this date but love it so much that I could probably post it weekly and be just fine:


Isn't that great?

I will introduce some additional topics, in a tidy trio format. (This is apparently the only part of the post that actually adheres to the title.)
  1. I raced the Rice Street Mile tonight! I finished a piddly two seconds slower than my personal best for the mile but was genuinely happy to be that close. It was my first mile race in many years and man oh man does a mile get tough by the end - but it's also over so quickly. I would definitely like to try this distance again before the fall and see if the PR can finally fall. My brother also raced it and was only a few seconds away from his own personal best!
  2. I finally, finally tried a trick I recommended to a friend literally years ago. You know how sometimes you just read the words chocolate chip cookies and launch a frantic search to assemble the ingredients? (Just me again? Okay.) Well, I was in that mood the other day. But sometimes you don't want to, you know, eat four dozen cookies. I finally mixed up a batch, baked five or six, and made the rest of the cookie batter into little individual cookie-sized scoops, plunked them all into a Ziploc bag and froze them for another day. That way you can bake one or two cookies at a time, whenever it strikes your fancy. Yes!
  3. I got the word from the library that Just My Type: A Book About Fonts was waiting for me. I picked it up yesterday and cannot wait to start reading it. I flipped through it last night, just to see what glorious graphics awaited me, and I saw an illustration of a map with Bodoni marked on it. I am so excited.
Bonus: The Olympics open tomorrow night!

Double bonus: These guys:

No comments:

Post a Comment