Monday, July 16, 2012

Marvelous Monday: Week 29

Week 29 of 2012 begins, and (surprise!) it's hot again. Today is supposed to be near 100, and yesterday was the 20th day of 90+ degree readings, compared to 13 in an average summer. Our window AC unit has really saved the day (the month?) for our home.

Other marvelous things going on this week, besides the little air conditioner?

1. I found Wish's collar!  It has been missing for probably two weeks and the situation had deteriorated to the point that I was preparing to name Wish himself as a suspect, after realizing that his little football and baseball are also missing. I cleaned all of the likely places on Friday and still couldn't find it. This morning, I felt a new burst of determination, went downstairs, took apart the cozy chair and found it underneath the cushion. TRIUMPH! I think even Wish was excited about this discovery.

Thrilled, even:


I think he might be peeved that he can't tromp around the house without attracting our attention anymore.

2. En route from the West Coast to Washington, D.C., Nat is Minnesota-bound this week!  I can't wait to see her.

3. Post-run smoothies in the summer. Yesterday's was fresh watermelon, frozen strawberries, lime juice and a few mint leaves from my mini-garden.

I was making quick work of drinking it and then looked at the beverage and noted how pretty the color was!


4. I finally spent some time researching cameras and picked one over the weekend! I am very excited for it to get here, so I can tinker with it and try it out before some travels coming up in the next few months.

5. I made the caprese lasagna from Iowa Girl Eats again last night, so the oven need not be used in the near future.

Hope your week starts out well, Reader! Want to share any ideas (smoothies, recipes, books?) or marvelous tidbits about your own week? Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment